How to pronounce these tricky Designer names

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Heyyyyyyyy,

Oh dear! It has been a while....forgive my lazy blogging behavior.

I hope to be more consistent as my new year has emerged! 
I say a big Thank you to all who made my birthday fabulous. I celebrate you and love you too much.
Come to think of it, I should do a post to update you on what I have been up to...birthday party inclusive Hehe!!

Down to business, if you find it hard to pronounce some designer names,this post is for you.

Here are a couple i know could be tricky to pronounce CORRECTLY! Please share on others that you feel should be on this list as well.
 Muahhhh! 


BALENCIAGA: bah-len-see-ah-gah


BVLGARI: buhl-guh-ree

        CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN: christian loo-boo-tan

DOLCE & GABBANA: dol-chey and gab-Ana

GIVENCHY: zjee-van-shee

GUCCI: goo-chee


HERMES: er-mez 
 LANVIN: lahn vahn

 
LOUIS VUITTON: low-wee vwee-tahn
 MIU MIU: mew mew

MOSCHINO: mos-key-no


     ROCHAS: row-shahs






SALVATORE FERRAGAMO: sal-vah-tor-re feh-rah-gah-mo


  VERSACE: vur-sah-chee
 




YVES SAINT LAURANT: eve-san-lan-ron


Isaiah 43:18-19 

“Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. how do i pronounce bulgari????

    lol just kidding o

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK i have these two to add....JIMMY CHOO....jimmy shuu and HERVE LEGER as airvay layjah.
    lol i had been pronouncing louboutin wrong!!
    thank you for this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Itunu. This is a very enlightening post i must say. I hear a lot of people, and i mean a whole lot of peeps, murder these designer names and i SMH. They probably are not concerned because they feel that the most important thing is having it rather than merely knowing about it but the day and place of reckoning is coming when these details will be required of thee and you may end up embarrassing thyself! I particularly had an issue with.... saintlaurent but thank God this post has helped me. Nice one Itunu!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading :)
So what are your thoughts on this post?
I would love you to share them in the comment box.
Muah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TALK TO ME!