MAC LIPSTICKS: Top 5 favs in Matte

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Hello everyone, how are you all doing?

If you know me very well,you know I am a M.A.C lipstick junkie;I purchase alot both for business(retail or artistry) and personal love. I have tried on a good number of M.A.C lipsticks and out of their 7 different product finishes,I have come to LOVE the matte finish. M.A.C IS ON TOP OF THEIR GAME and they beat other makeup brands hands down in the 'matte-battle'.
M.A.C defines their matte finish as pigment rich with intense color pay-off. No shine. All matte finish.
To me I describe it as the dry, no shiny, no glossy and less less creamy texture.

Ok enough of the definitions and down to business,lol.....here are my top 5 favourite MAC matte lipsticks :d


image



image



image


(L-R All fired up, dangerous, viva glamI, candy yumyum, RiriWoo)

          Their swatches in same order


image


(Note here that I am a NC50 in MAC FOUNDATION and other face products,I have warm skin undertones and the lipsticks may flatter you differently that it does on me)

Let's have a short review of each of these lipsticks

image



1. ALL FIRED UP: is described as 'bright fuschia matte'. If you do not care for very bright pinks or purples but would like something in the 'middle', you would like this lipstick. It is not a subtle lipstick neither is it extremely bold but it can be built up or toned down to suit the occasion.
Here is what it looks like on the product page


image


                               
                            and on me


image


                 LOL! Please focus on the lips

2. DANGEROUS: described as 'orangey red matte'. This one is a bold lipstick.  If one does not look properly on opening the lipstick,one might think it is red,so I believe it is well named. It is a lovely lipstick though it may be very dry some minutes after application but I still like it nonetheless.


image


          
                       The product on me


image


It looks a bit dull here because of the improper lighting of the camera; it is not a dull lipstick.

3. VIVA GLAM 1: is an 'intense brownish blue red matte'. One thing I love about this lipstick is that it is soo creamy♥♥♥♥,it just glides and slides on the lips. It is a deep red lipstick and it can pass for a blood red lipwear as well.
Another interesting thing about this lipstick is that every cent of this product is donated to MAC AIDS Fund to support men, women and children living with HIV/AIDS. Such an amazing lipstick to purchase for both beauty and humanitarian purposes :)
Here is its capture on M.A.C site


image



4. CANDY YUM-YUM: it is described as 'blue toned pink'. This is NOT a lipstick for the faint hearted! It is extremely bright neon pink and it is also very buildable.
I use one coat of it and a light pink gloss for a simple day look.


image


It can also be used alone and it is very lovely with M.A.C 'shock value' lipliner.
See web capture below


image



image



5. RIRI WOO: Ririwoo is described as a "matte cool red". A very intense and long lasting lipstick.
It was created for Rihanna or in collaboration with her. The product sells out every three minutes!!!!


image



image



I think this lipstick is identical to Ruby woo just that its bullet has Riri inscribed on it... see here


image


It is better than Ruby woo because ruby woo is too DRY! This one is a tad creamy so we can comfortably say it is an improvement on Rubywoo.
I would like to state here that there are two different Ririwoos. There is one with the regular MAC BLACK SIGNATURE package as shown above and another in a customized Rihanna package.... its called Riri Hearts and it has about 5 different specially designed Rihanna products( Ririwoo, talk that talk, who's that chick, prepare for pleasure and bad girl riri)
The product looks like this


image


                   Pretty uhn!? Yes it is!!!
   This is Riri hearts in 'prepare for pleasure'

Back to the Ririwoo gist,these are the products capture for the old ririwoo in black mac package and the new ririwoo in the package displayed above.


image



image



YES YOU GOT IT RIGHT! There is NO DIFFERENCE....well except for the containers :p :)
That is all for now. I hope to wake up tomorrow and fall in love with another set of lipsticks so I can share more views with you...hehe!

Thank you always for stopping by and also for your very intelligent comments. I am glad I have smart makeup lovers reading.
Celebrate you all!
:* :* :*



by itunity

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Beautiful write-up! Enjoyed reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfulness to my father who told me about this web site, this weblog is in fact remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. […] 1. MAC ‘Viva Glam’ Lipstick: M·A·C introduced this particular shade of the Viva Glam series in 1994; the first of the series, it is an intense brownish blue red. See here for more on this lippie. […]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading :)
So what are your thoughts on this post?
I would love you to share them in the comment box.
Muah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TALK TO ME!