CAN YOU ATTEND YOUR EX's WEDDING?

Saturday, April 23, 2016

............................. or rather should you invite your ex to your wedding?



I remember my friend's response to this question during our girl's hang out last year; it was sharply abrupt; What is my business there!!! Yes! that was her response.

I asked my bestie too and he said he most likely would not invite his ex to his wedding neither would he attend.

You might think that its no big deal; I mean just because we are no longer dating(courting if you don't like the term dating) doesn't mean we shouldn't celebrate with one another...... life is not that difficult now. Celebrate with those who are celebrating, Haba!

Hold on! I haven't said anything yet dear reader, I only asked a question remember........... and I probably would want to defend those who might feel it is such a ridiculous idea to have their exs at their wedding, LOL!!! ( ok sorry Ridiculous is too harsh, Ma binu)

First of all, we probably broke up because somethings were not good enough so I finally found someone berrrrrra, ewooooo! Me inviting you might mean....heyyyyy come and see your replacement oooooo and you forming by gones are by gones just fell into my trap by attending *tongue out*

On the flip side your ex might be attending the wedding to 'SEE' the replacement man/woman.
Mumbling words like, "So after all your complaints about me, its this person you later settled for abi, i am ashamed!!!  or "Hmmn so its just beauty that the idiot was looking for afterall, thank God I didn't marry you sef, i will find someone that loves me for my inner qualities"

*coughs* STORY!

Please Rhedruby you ought to be more mature than this now.

Rhedruby: I said PROBABLY

Ok let's be serious now.  Breakups are hard, tough and some if not all leave bitter experiences for both parties.

It might be wise to avoid digging all that up by inviting someone you had broken promises with.
It doesn't mean you still have feelings for the ex; it might just be the right thing to do.

If you have moved on and your wounds are probably healed, the other party might still be holding on to such memories and it might not be nice to put them in such a situation of having to decide whether or not to attend.
Also have you considered how your spouse or partner will feel about it? Just as you two dance into the reception hall.......

.....your partner spots your ex sitting in table 8, eyeballing the lost love(r)!!! Nope bad idea!

Yourself and your ex might have ended the relationship on great terms and he/she even help plan the wedding (giggles to self) or your ex is your boss and he/she not receiving an Invitation card might mean a very hot and sizzling query awaits you on your resumption morning.

However the case may be I generally would ask why you feel your ex needs to be present on your wedding day, if you have spoken to close relatives/mature friends about it(because they most likely know how and why the relationship ended) and MOST importantly your spouse.

I believe you should be able to make the wise decision from consdering the above.

*whispering to you* don't invite your ex or ex-es oooooo lol!

 I do believe in forgiveness( I am a christian) but I also believe in letting go of some people as well so make sure you don't have or harbour resentment against your ex; forgiveness is not so easy but it is possible.

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK??


PHOTO CREDIT

The Knotty Bride
Nairaland
Photography by Obi
 Daily mail
Nigerian Wedding

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. hmmmmn.. i don't think its a good idea either. don't even think i would tell them, they would be seeing pictures on facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha funny post! but i think i can invite just one of my exs ooooo, the others hmmmmn i don't think they need to be there

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading :)
So what are your thoughts on this post?
I would love you to share them in the comment box.
Muah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TALK TO ME!