The Christian and The F word!!!

Friday, June 05, 2015

 
It was on a Tuesday, or was it Thursday *thinks aloud*, I had gone to get a document from another department in my office. I got it and I headed for the door.
I was almost leaving for my department when I heard a lady complain about our office software - she is someone I respect as a Christian. I really didn’t pay attention to her complaints until I heard….”This F**king thing! What the F**k!”
Ehhh! From a Sister of God? I froze!!!!
I had to look up to confirm if it was her and sadly, it was L.
Oh how the mighty have fallen, I thought to myself.
I sighed as I walked away. I couldn’t help but ponder how the F word could come out of a Christian’s mouth.
In less than an hour, I had called someone else an idiot. Here I was, thinking less of another believer and yet I was guilty of using profanity* likewise. Jesu!
As much as it seems like one sin is bigger or more grievous than the other, God expects us as His children to be careful of the words we allow come out of our mouths.
People even expect more than God, lol! You hear statements like “And she calls herself a Christian!”
Please o! We are not perfect, it is a daily journey- this Christian walk ko easy rara!
So how can I cope as a Child of God, will I not open my mouth again?
 

There are TWO responses to this people;

-          I AM HUMAN. You exhibit this response when you say stuff like-;
·         I am trying, will I kill myself? It is not easy jor!
·         It will take time to change but mehn in this country/Lagos? Someone or something will annoy you sha!
·         How can I hold myself from calling a person an Oloriburuku (someone with bad luck) when he/she truly acts like one?
·         Imagine a ‘mad’ or drunk commercial driver just tries to run me off the road.
 
Haba, I must tell him he is mad o, because he must truly be mad to have driven that way!!!
·         God would understand. No time for rubbish behaviour, I have to set you straight!
·         Sometimes, it’s not an insult; it’s just a statement of fact.
-          I AM A CHRISTIAN and I represent Christ.  You exhibit this response when you say-;
·         I do not just represent the name Christ; I am a picture of the church and the body of Christ. A lot is expected from me!
·         I must understand that God has standards and His word is clear. Ephesians 4:29 - "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers".
Whichever side you are on, let your conscience be clear!
The beauty of True Christianity is that the Spirit of God (the Holy Spirit dwelling in us) helps us to know right from wrong. Even if we chose to ignore the Bible :d we shouldn’t ignore His pricking if we truly are His children.
* Profanity- Abusive, vulgar, or irreverent language
1 Timothy 4:12
"Teach believers with your life: by word, by demeanour, by love, by faith, by integrity"
Psalm 141:3
"Post a guard upon my mouth Oh God, Set a watch at the door of my lips"
Psalm 109:17
"He loved to curse; let curses come upon him! He did not delight in blessing; may it be far from him! He clothed himself with cursing as his coat; may it soak into his body like water, like oil into his bones"
Matthew 5:22
"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire"
 
 
PHOTO CREDITS
NHS
National mirror online
Christianity today
Trustworks
Psychology Today
Good men Projects


You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Wow. Hilarious and educative read. I like the way you pass across your message.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Itunu! Every Single word is true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I'll recommend this to anyone. Great job Itunu, and artistic as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is too funny!
    i enjoyed reading. i love your sincerity, may God bless you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. luv how you dint sound judgmental.
    God help us all.
    thank ya 4 vis!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good read Itunu!
    I've stopped cursing for 7years now-its by the grace of God...I was overdoing it..every sentence had to have the F word ...then I came across a message that rubbish talk shouldn't come from the same mouth we use to pray
    Well here I was thinking calling someone an idiot or ode was way better lol
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow- 7 years, that's amazing! Glory to God!
      God help us!
      Thanks for reading too :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading :)
So what are your thoughts on this post?
I would love you to share them in the comment box.
Muah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TALK TO ME!