Makeup bag must haves!-starter kit

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Hello rubys,
Long time no see :D
This month is my birthday month....yea yea my birthday has passed already but allow a sister to rant ibeg :p and Yes I had a splendid one thanks for asking =->
Today's post is for rubys who can't really get a hang of what one needs for the everyday or starter makeup collection.
I made a list of all the items I FEEL ought to be in a complete makeup bag. Emphasis on the phrase-I FEEL :D

1. Foundation- This is the first thing I look out for in any makeup kit I raid.... ohhh yes I do that alot...even if you do not feed me if I come visiting, just give me the bag to look through.

image

2. Concealer-spot concealers are used to get rid of dark circles and they should be matte in texture. Under eye concealers on the other hand should be luminous since they are used to brighten up the skin.
How to use- use little finger to blend product on the skin gently, for the under eye be extra careful because of the sensitivity of the skin in that area.You can also use a very soft concealer brush.

image

3. Face powder-Get one that gives a nice glow...GLOW and not shine! A translucent powder isn't such a bad idea too.

image

4. Blush- How to use
Swipe across the apples of your cheeks I.e the round puffy part that sticks out when you smile. Please note that if you can see where the blush starts or ends, you have got too much product on!

image

image

5. Lip balm to keep the lips from drying out and lipstick or gloss for color.

image

image

6. Brow pencil or brow powder- I usually go with the color of my hair for this.
Hold on please if I have my hair tinted blue I do not use blue brow pencil oooooo. I use a lighter brown pencil for lighter colored weaves and a darker brown pencil for my black and really dark weaves. Thank you

image

7. Mascara- Clump free mascaras are the WAY TO GO! A good mascara ought to last a long time..looooooong time before getting clumpy.
Some folks say "mascaras do the same thing, so I can get just any", but really within a month some have already dried out and you have to dispose off*angry smiley*.
I use MAC mascaras or the Maybelline colossal, I have had my Mac since last year; it is still as fresh and works as good as it has when I just got it. Quality mascaras are worthy investments yall! Spend that cash on your lash!
How to use- Push the wand against lashes, wiggle in a zigzag motion as you motion up to the top of the lashes( ah yesso I went to fab schools I sabi english well)
Quick tip-curl lashes first before using your mascara.

image

8. Eyelash curler

image

9. Makeup remover

image

image

10. Primer- I know you may not want to agree but you need this baby alot of us ignore. I do not use a primer everyday...deep down I know I should but I don't. It is my new month's resolution to use a primer Everyday and not just for outings.September here we come! NOW BITE ME :P

image

Thank you for stopping by.
Rhedruby loves you soo much

by itunu

You Might Also Like

4 comments

Thank you for reading :)
So what are your thoughts on this post?
I would love you to share them in the comment box.
Muah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TALK TO ME!