Contouring 122-Getting the shopping list right!

Saturday, June 07, 2014

Hello hello hello!

As a very caring and loving blogger, I would ask how your week was and how the weekend is :* :D. I DO CARE! Mine? Fine as always,thanks for asking!
In the last 2 posts we have been I HAVE BEEN talking about the art of contouring and today I want to give some final tips and tricks to getting it right, products to shop for etcetera.

Down to the matter!

● Go for matte products- makeup contour products come in kits of 2 in 1 or 3 in 1, 2 in 1 been the contour powder or cream which is the darker of the two and then the highlighter. The 3 in 1 has the blush or bronzer as the third product. Most contour products have matte finishes; most and not all! Avoid shimmery products. Leave the shimmer for highlighting.

image



image



I use this sleek contour kit in dark. I use only the contour(dark) powder though. I do not care for the highlighter.

image



● Look for something that gives the illusion of a shadow.

● For beginners, it is best to start with creamy products because they are easier to blend and build. A couple of my friends use the Pro L.A girl HD concealer for contouring and it works well. Get a shade that is two shades darker than your normal skintone.

image



image



● Avoid harsh lines! The key is to blend! Blend! Blend!

● Errrrm what to use to blend? Brushes of course! We cannot over emphasize the importance of good brushes in makeup artistry.
I use elf contour brush which is smaller and good for nose contouring and also the sigma F40 large angled contour brush.

[caption id="" align="alignnone" width="1438" caption="Sigma F40 angled contour brush"]image[/caption]



image



image



I also want to get Real techniques contour brush but its in their core collection set and I do not think I want to get the whole set. I may get the blush brush and use it for my contouring :D
The Real techniques contour brush looks like this....

image



● Get another brush for highlighting!

image



     You can use a fan brush for highlighting

image



         Or a tapered brush like this one above

● Add some color/blush to your cheeks.
Blend! Blend! Blend!

image



image



To purchase or read more on some of these products in this post, you would like to check my post MAKEUP HAUL for where and how you can get them.

Thank you for reading.
Have a lovely day!
               
               Proverbs 31:16-17 NIV
She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.



by itunu

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for reading :)
So what are your thoughts on this post?
I would love you to share them in the comment box.
Muah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TALK TO ME!