Tithes and offering

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Hello God-family,


How has the Walk been?
I had an awesome time worshipping God today and fellowshiping with Him has been Sweet!
It is my prayer that we would all come to love and touch God more.


I would like to continue on the series- Kingdom Investments.
This week I want to talk about tithes/offering and How we ought to give to God.


Tithe is a tenth of your increase (10% or more of your income, inflow or increase)
Offering is any gift to God also brought to His house(the church). It could be monetary; it usually is monetary but it does not have to be restricted to money alone. Your time and service to God are also forms of offerings and ofcourse Kingdom investments.


In the book of Amos 3:3 and Matthew 23:23,God talks about how His children gave tithes and offerings jst for a show. It was a mere religious activity to them. According to matthew 23:23b, they neglected what and what are of more importance (mercy,justice and faithfulness)
This is worthy of note! As important as it is to obey and reference God with our finances and substance, our disposition and the state of our hearts whilst giving are of higher relevance.


Are we giving out of fear?
Are we giving grudgingly?
Do we love God in the first place?
Do we have an understanding of why we ought to give?
In 2nd Corinthians 9:6-7 we understand how we are meant to give.
We should give because we love God and want to obey Him; not because we are afraid of hell or a curse upon us.
Giving should not be borne out of show off or a feeling of compulsion! Such acts are not acceptable by God.
Another important lesson I learnt during my study on these kingdom investments is THE PURPOSE OF paying tithes and giving offerings.
You can find this in the book of Malachi where God says we should give so that there would be AMPLE(enough and sufficient) SUPPLY in His house. Wow!
I am responsible for the welfare of my church.
What I give is for the gospel and welfare of the needy somewhere!
Someone is going hungry or unclothed or sick because I did not drop that money in the offering basket.
The church is unable to reach out to the world because I have not given what I am expected to give by God.
We should take up this truth and become responsible children of God.
GIVE!
MAY GOD GRANT US GRACE IN JESUS NAME!


THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY
I CELEBRATE YOU :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for reading :)
So what are your thoughts on this post?
I would love you to share them in the comment box.
Muah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TALK TO ME!