Contouring 111

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Hello all,

How was your week and how are you all doing?

I would be taking a series on this makeup technique-Contouring.
It is really trending and I know you all have a couple of questions or even answers about it.
Join me as I start class 111. LOL!
ENJOY!

Contouring generally means moulding into a specific shape, especially one designed to fit into something else.
Contouring in makeup is the art of using different shades of makeup to bring out your facial features.
It is a technique used to shapen or RESHAPEN one's face.
Contouring was previously reserved for runway models and fancy photo shoots but it is fast becoming a daily routine for makeup lovers.
I would like to state some points here. Contouring is not meant to be NOTICEABLE! It is and should be all about creating illusions and artistry! All we need to see is the effect :D and the key is proper blending and less product!
Secondly, I hate to be a kill-joy but it really is not compulsory to contour. Contouring is not meant for everyone or let me say it is not useful everytime. Your facial features are what make you,YOU! You really do not have to adjust or reshapen the face,your face.
Also, I do not think it is necessary for the everyday/regular/day to day makeup routine, well except you take pictures, go on the runway or have major events everyday.*shrugs*.
Thirdly,*sighs* if you must contour, you should understand and master the shape and structure of your face.
(Sidenote: Places usually contoured are the Cheeks, front hairline, browbone, nose, chin and jawline)
                                                                
In my next post CONTOURING 112, I would be explaining and showing the different face shapes and how to contour them.

                   Proverbs 31:30 NIV
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.




by itunity

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Ahn ahnnn. I was totally looking forward to contouring lessons. Anticipating the next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Yes dear! Very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. […] to enhance them through contouring. I do hope you would learn a thing or two. You may want to read Contouring 111 before you read this […]

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading :)
So what are your thoughts on this post?
I would love you to share them in the comment box.
Muah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TALK TO ME!