Kissing before Marriage? YAY or NAY!!?

Sunday, August 11, 2013


I know what God says about sex before marriage. My question is -- what about kissing? Doesn't kissing lead to impure thoughts? What do we believe God has to say about kissing before marriage?

Uhmmmm I've seen both sides taken within the Christian church. A wonderful church that I attended and that i am a part of very strongly teaches that christian couples, still dating of course, should avoid kissing and your first kiss should happen at the altar. Now, that wouldn't be me. O.k it could be me, LOL! but no one would love to stand up in the church and say OH please lets do it! We all want to and we are all young with racing hormones. Also some people would say IT's my life and no one should tell me how to act with my partner but that is the joy of being a CHRISTIAN ;), we have to be accountable and every part of our lives- we ought to live by instruction; we have to follow the bible, the leading of the HOLY SPIRIT or for issues not directly spoken about in the bible we follow our church doctrine.The Bible says, whatsoever is not of faith is sin. So, maybe we need to get honest with ourselves. If we can do that (kissing) in faith and believe that it will not go farther, then by all means do. But if we in our own hearts, have reservations about it and say 'I can't do that in faith', 'I'm going to start having impure thoughts', then my body is going to start kicking in and desire something more than just a kiss, then I think we need to say o.k I'm going to build a wall here and I'm going to make it known that kissing is not acceptable for me.

Another issue that was raised in a church and taught by a female preacher whose ministry was on single and married (she is resting with the lord now) was that kissing isn't encouraged or that kind of activity unless we know that there is going to be a lifelong bond. Part of kissing is also sharing, sharing of your innermost being. And you may not want to do that unless you are sure that this person is going to be with you for a lifetime.


 
A final point i want to raise is in 1 Thessalonians 5;22, 'flee all appearances of evil' a translation of the bible, message translation to be specific says avoid anything tainted with evil, so if to you its evil or bad or the spirit of God pricks you when you do it, PLEASE AVOID IT.  The thing is that it may not be evil or bad in itself but it leads or could lead to the greater evil (sex and all forms of sexual activities including thoughts) so its important to set standards in this area. Let us work at pleasing God even in what looks like the smallest or most stupid thing. 

HAVE A SPLENDID WEEK!

CELEBRATE YOU!!!!! 

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Thanks,but hw can one get off it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it starts from the mind...once you don't feel right doing it and you conquer it in your thoughts,you most likely wouldn't do it. also since you are avoiding kissing to honor God you must take it to him in prayers,He would help and lastly explain it to your partner(the person you are dating) and try to make them understand...if both of you decide on it,it would be easier to conquer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading :)
So what are your thoughts on this post?
I would love you to share them in the comment box.
Muah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TALK TO ME!